- Information that we collect.
The information that we collect is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with others through the service, improving the content of service, and help us to understand better on what types of rewards and offers you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have shared offers and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred. We may also utilize this information to adapt the services to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our service and network, and develop new features for the community.
- Personal information provided to us.
Maxx-Diners receive and store information that you enter on our service or provided to us. This information may include your full name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram usernames. Maxx-Diners also collect other information that you have opt to submit, such as reservations, requests, reviews, or from the “Contact Us” section of the website or application. Participation in this area is completely voluntary and it is your choice whether or not you wish to disclose your personal information to us.
- Transaction information
We also collect and use additional information from users such as reservation activity, application open date and time, idle time, and all clicks and taps within the application (together with time and order).
- Information collected automatically
When you access Maxx-Diners website or mobile apps, Maxx-Diners automatically receives and records information on our server logs, including your IP address, location, cookie information, and the page you requested. Maxx-Diners also collects and uses additional information from users such as transaction location, purchase activity, device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information), application open date and time, idle time, and all clicks and/or swipes within the application (together with time and order). Maxx-Diners may also collect information posted by users on social media sites for users that have opted to connect to or otherwise link Maxx-Diners with social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Technical information
We collect and track certain user information, in order for Maxx-Diners to ensure that we are providing the best possible consumer experience on the Website and within the Application. Every time you visit the Website, our Web server may send a cookie to your computer. This cookie would be intended to store a limited amount of information about your site visit, such as how our site is being used, including session counts, navigation patterns, pages visited, etc. These cookies, however, do not store any personally identifiable information such as your name, email address or phone number as you browse the site. When you submit a question, we store your cookie identification in our system. This cookie allows our site to recognize you when you return. Maxx-Diners may also utilize Web Logs to track aggregate information about how our site and/or the Application is being used. Web Logs track anonymous user information, including the number of visitors to the Website, operating systems, Internet Provider addresses (if publicly available), and browser type. Unlike cookies, Web Logs are maintained only on Maxx-Diners servers and do not store or place anything on the user's computer. Maxx-Diners treat this data as non-personal information for purposes of providing the Services, except where we are required to treat it as personal information under applicable law. We use this data in a collective form. We may provide collective information to our business partners may also understand how often people use their services and our services.
How do we use your information?
Maxx-Diners uses you personal information for the following:
- To operate and improve your experience with Maxx-Diners.
- To provide you with the suitable rewards and offers based on customer interest, location, history, and other characteristics to deliver a valuable experience.
- To perform analytics by tracking reservation, redemption, and transaction information.
- To provide customer supports to you and our merchants, or business partners.
- To communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Maxx-Diners and our merchants and business partners, such as Maxx-Diners news special promotions and vouchers, announcements, and marketing materials.
- To send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, service bulletins and support, marketing and administrative messages.
We DO NOT sell or share any personal information about you to or with any person or organisation except (i) as authorised by you, (ii) as set forth in the relevant portion of the Website, Application or within any agreement between us, (iii) in connection with providing various products or Services to you (either directly or through one or more third parties), (iv) as may be required by law or court order, or (vi) as otherwise set forth herein. We will not disclose the information that you have entered at the Website and/or Application to third party except to:
- The merchants with which Maxx-Diners has entered into a business relationship in order to provide the services. The information disclosed will only be to the extent of your transaction, redemption or reservation provided by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Maxx-Diners on behalf of the merchant. The information may be disclosed to merchants, to send you customised offers, to validate the purchases you made, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, and to facilitate a direct relationship between merchants and customers and enable merchants to communicate electronically with customers, like yourself, who purchased the merchants’ Maxx-Diners offers.
- Maxx-Diners’ business partners and advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Maxx-Diners and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate or made available to you.
- Third party service providers, an acquisition by Maxx-Diners, to support the service,investigate fraud, respond to government request for information; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal information to defend ourselves in litigation or regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law or other similar legal process.
- Your “friends”. If you opt into the sharing features with your “friends” network on Maxx-Diners, Facebook, Twitter, or any other supported social media/network, your information is accessible as permitted with respect to such networks and your “friends” or others with access to such networks can see the location and time of each of your views, sharing, reserves, redemptions on Maxx-Diners offers, your first name and username, photos, associated offers, links to your social media accounts (if you have connected those accounts to your Maxx-Diners account).
We may disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Maxx-Diners account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorised access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer, mobile phones, and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.Maxx-Diners endeavours to safeguard and user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, but other than your password, no communications or transfers of information are encrypted or scrambled by Maxx-Diners during transmission process. Maxx-Diners cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorised entry of use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What personal information can I access?
You can access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating the information and ensuring that the information is accurate, updated, and complete. You can access this information on the website by visiting your account settings page.
- Full name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Other user profile information (such as location or photo)
- Usage information (such as reservation history, favourites, photos you have submitted, or reviews you have written)
What if I have questions or concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding anything about Maxx-Diners, please send us a detailed message to [email protected]. We will try our best to resolve your